CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Peanut-Free, Artificials/Preservative-Free.....
but definitely NOT Flavor-Free Living.

...Share With Us...
Our Food Allergy Journey
Allergy Detection, Management & Treatments
Allergy-Free Cooking Tips
Allergy Safe Recipes


Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why we love our food allergies!

If you or any members of your family have food allergies/sensitivities then you may think this is a crazy title for a blog post. However, I am a firm believer that when you receive blessings you should acknowledge them. Our journey which started 3 1/2 years ago has been a challenge, but has ultimately been a major blessing and growing experience for us.

I feel that we have been extremely blessed in at least the three following ways:
  1. I have learned an incredible amount of information about food allergies and good nutrition, as well as just a lot about the human body. It has been such a thrill to learn these things, and I have found it very easy to retain the information.
  2. My children eat so healthy now. They love healthy food. Sometimes I'm secretely glad that I can hide behind the food allergy label when my children are offered things that are full of junk, because rather than offending people I can politely say "no thank you, my children have food allergies."
  3. I have been inspired to take this experience and the knowledge I have gained to get formal education & training. I recently opened a new business here in Texas dedicated to helping people with nutrition, food allergies and other health issues. It is such a blessing to be able to help other people in their journey of life as well.
So as you can see, while this is a challenge on one hand, it is a huge blessing on the other.

0 comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation