CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Peanut-Free, Artificials/Preservative-Free.....
but definitely NOT Flavor-Free Living.

...Share With Us...
Our Food Allergy Journey
Allergy Detection, Management & Treatments
Allergy-Free Cooking Tips
Allergy Safe Recipes


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gluten Free Snack Bars

I have been searching high & low for a snack bar recipe. We have tried several and haven't liked the taste, texture, etc. My kids love the Enjoy Life caramel apple snack bars, but paying $3.79 for 5 small bars seemed ridiculous! Well.....the search is over. A big shout out to Gluten Free Kathy for posting this great Banana-Nut Energy Bar recipe.

Today when I made it, I had some pureed pumpkin which I wanted to use. So I substituted the mashed banana for pumpkin and added some cinnamon & nutmeg. I also replaced part of the vanilla (1/4 tsp.) with orange oil. They were fabulous. They were the perfect texture and I'm so thrilled to have found a snack bar recipe! I can't wait to make them with mashed bananas :)

0 comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation