CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Peanut-Free, Artificials/Preservative-Free.....
but definitely NOT Flavor-Free Living.

...Share With Us...
Our Food Allergy Journey
Allergy Detection, Management & Treatments
Allergy-Free Cooking Tips
Allergy Safe Recipes


Saturday, November 21, 2009

Spiced Pumpkin (Dairy-Free) Milkshake

I got the original recipe for this off of this blog. It sounded so good, so I converted it to dairy free and served it to my children. It was amazing!! It's been 4 years since I had a milkshake, and this one was a treat indeed. Serve one up today, you won't be disappointed.


Spiced Pumpkin Shake
Yield: 2 servings

1/3 c. pureed pumpkin
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. coconut milk
2 c. vanilla coconut milk ice cream or rice-based ice cream
½ c. gluten-free graham crackers or gluten-free ginger cookies, crushed

Place 2 glasses in freezer to chill.

Combine all ingredients excluding ¼ cup of the graham crackers or ginger cookies in blender and blend thoroughly. When completely blended, top each serving with remaining graham crackers or ginger cookies.

3 comments:

Lynsey said...

My daughter would love this. She has been dairy free for 4 years. Since pumpkin season is passed I think I'll be looking for some canned pumpkin at the store. I bet this would be good with hot chocolate powder for a chocolate milkshake too!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Lynsey: I loved your idea of making a chocolate milkshake. I tried it with chocolate powder, vanilla, a dash of cinnamon & the coconut milk & coconut milk ice cream. I sprinkled some crushed gluten-free graham crackers on top. It was perfect!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation